PACK LIKE A BEAUTY EDITOR
Beauty Editor and Stylista, Rhonda Riche who contributes to many national magazines (not to mention her fantastic blog Gracious Good gives us the digs on what the hell we can AND should include in our cosmetic carry on bag....
After a 12 hours in airports and planes, one needs a touch of makeup to
avoid looking like a zombie. But ever since the UndieBomber incident,
increased airline security and shrinking carry on limits been messing with
our beauty routine.
Save your liquid limit for a good moisturizer with all that dehydrating
cabin air you'll need it Ultra Facial Moisturizer SPF 30 is a
favourite) and focus on compact, carry on friendly powder-and cream-based
1. Marcelle’s Monochromatic Pressed Powder gives nice sheer coverage and comes
with a brush, which also makes in-the-air application less messy.
2. Condition and colour your lips at the same time with Burt's Bees Lip
3. Mascara is out. And applying eyeliner in turbulence is no fun. Lorac
Red Carpet Reveal Eye & Cheek Palette Eye Shadow Palette
comes with a double ended, shadow/liner brush and three warm brown
eye shades and a neutral rouge all house in a sleek compact — to help you
get a nicely defined eye and a brush of blush.
4. On long flights, moist towelettes are the traveler's best friend. I
actually discovered this on a trip to Singapore long before 9-11. Right now,
I'm a fan of Olay Regenerist Micro-Exfoliating Cleansing Cloths because they
refresh and cleanse.
5. Spare yourself some hassle and keep non-liquids in a clear bag as well
it helps keep your carry on organized and it won't confuse security.
Unless you're a frequent flier, a Ziploc bag'll do nicely.